2 Days Fat Loading
Why you need to Load–and how to make it “Healthy and Tasty”
To maximise your weight loss from abnormal fat stores and to make the hCG active cycle more comfortable for you, you are to take your hCG for your first 2 days without following the VLCD–and indulge in loading–with an emphasis on consuming foods high in FAT.
There are two primary reasons for loading:
- The role of loading is to replenish the structural fat stores that are usually depleted in dieting (that is, when dieting in the past without the benefit of hCG).The hCG effect of burning your abnormal fat stores for fuel does not start to take full effect until the third dose (day 3), so eating 500 calories without the effect of hCG may cause problems in terms of losing structural fat–and also many of those who have chosen not to load have experienced extreme hunger for up to 4-5 days at the start of their active hCG cycle.
- By the end of the 2 loading days, the hCG is circulating in your body and burning reserve fat stores for fuel. Further, combined with loading of “high fat foods” dieters find that there is little to no hunger once going on to the restricted calories (VLCD) of the hCG active cycle.
You may eat whatever you want, but fats should be the focus on these loading days. Loading days are to help your body set up the new hCG in your system to start burning fat. You will want to eat as many fatty foods as possibly can.
Dr. Simeons’ Protocol states to ‘eat to capacity’ for those first 2 days on hCG. The consequence if you don’t has been for many to discover that their hunger remains into the first days/week of the program and can become uncomfortable. If you load properly, you will find that the hCG begins right away to scavenge needed calories from your abnormal fat stores (like that stored on your stomach, upper arms, buttocks, thighs etc) so that you feel no real hunger at all.
Hunger comes in all shapes and sizes – and is not always “Hunger” as such. We sometimes eat because of habit, or because we “see” or smell food. For example, one of your work colleagues may have a birthday cake, or going to do the weekly supermarket shop when hungry, or smells, such as freshly baked bread or donuts, etc. Even being dehydrated can trigger hunger if we are not used to drinking water at regular intervals throughout the day.
If you wish, your loading days can also include foods high in sugars or starches but the emphasis for this purpose is on fatty foods e.g.:You may also experience ’emotional’ hunger” from an upset, or if are feeling deprived when you are around others eating whatever they want. With hCG, you may find you discover the ability to better distinguish between the types of hunger, e.g. real v emotional… but loading is important to keep hunger at bay.
- Chicken – (no need to restrict to breast meat– and eat with skin!)
- Oils, e.g. Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Flax Seed Oil
- Nuts e.g. pecans, macadamia, walnuts, almonds, coconut, etc
- Nut butters, especially almond butter
- Seeds (pumpkin, etc)
- Eggs (including yolks)
- Full Fat cheeses
- Fatty meats (healthy option is sausages or mince meat made from organic or grass fed beef, without additives or preservatives)
- Oily fish such as Salmon and Ocean Trout
You may find it difficult, especially on day 2, as hCG may already have begun to dampen your appetite, but it is important that you push yourself to eat, optimally even every 2-3 hours for those 2 days.
With a normal appetite, this could sound like fun but your hunger will be starting to abate, so most welcome that first VLCD day! There is also some psychological benefit to loading on unhealthy foods that include fast foods, etc–as it can be a kind of ‘farewell’ to those types foods, for the duration of your program, so, if you feel that you need this, perhaps it will help your resolve in the days to come on the VLCD.
Most find that any weight gained on the loading day is lost in the first day of the active cycle, and then the weight will starts to drop–up to an average of 2-4kgs per week.